Presentation Structure on Research Day
From University of Louisville ObGyn Wiki
Revision as of 12:24, 19 June 2019 by Rpierson.gyn
Each resident has 20 minutes for the entire project presentation. In general, this means:
- (1 minute - faculty introduction)
- 15 minutes - research presentation
- 5 minutes - judges' questions/comments and audience questions
- You should roughly estimate 1 minute per slide, depending on the density of your slides and the complexity of your project. This means approximately 12-15 slides (including title slide and thank you slide).
- The best way to find out how long your presentation is...is to practice it and time yourself after the second or third time through.
- NB: times may change slightly from year to year to accommodate different numbers of presentations or Keynote speaker travel plans. Final determination of total time for each presentation will be in the Research Day program for each year.