Ongoing Research Studies
Resident Research Project Ideas
Ever changing. Please contact Dr. Pierson for ideas.
Research Project Logistics
- COI and CITI Training
- Data Management
- Laptop encryption
- Reference and article management
- Research timelines by PGY level
Research Project Proposal
- You will usually present your research project idea during a Grand Rounds in July of your second year.
- When you are developing an idea, it may be helpful to use the Project Proposal form. (Emailed from Research Director on request and on MedHub)
- Presentation Structure
- The Research Director will email a copy of the PowerPoint template towards the end of the academic year. It is also posted in the Resident Research folder on OneDrive.
Research Working Group Information
The RWG is an informal group that serves two functions: (1) to review research proposals prior to submission to the IRB (2) to provide guidance and mentorship to residents during the research project process.
The Working Group meets one Friday per month if there are protocols or projects to discuss. Anyone is welcome at any time. We are happy to discuss projects at any stage, from brainstorming to formal development to reviewing IRB protocols. We are not meant to replace your primary research mentor or PI, only to supplement and provide expertise in other areas. Meetings will be announced by email. If you need your protocol reviewed prior to IRB submission, you will need to email your documents to the group by the monthly deadline. Otherwise you just need to let us know you are coming with a project to discuss, no submission is necessary. Please email Dr. Meriwether with questions.
Research Day Details
- Important Dates
- UofL PowerPoint Template: -- temporarily down for refresh, ask Dr. Pierson to email it to you if you need.
- What should I include in my presentation?
- How long should my presentation be?
- Other important details
- Yes, you will have PowerPoint presenter mode.
- Format and Content
- Manuscripts are due to the Research Director by January 31st of PGY 4.
- UofL Poster Templates
- Meeting ideas
- Central Association of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (CAOG): http://www.caog.org/
- ACOG District V Annual Meeting: http://www.acog.org/About-ACOG/ACOG-Districts/District-V
- APGO/CREOG: https://www.apgo.org/meetings/creog-a-apgo-annual-meeting.html
- REI projects (ASRM): http://www.asrmannualmeeting.org/ or Pacific Coast https://www.pcrsonline.org/
- FPMRS projects (AUGS): http://www.pfdweek.org/
- MFM projects (SMFM): https://www.smfm.org/the-pregnancy-meeting
- Gyn Onc projects (SGO): https://www.sgo.org/education/annual-meeting-on-womens-cancer/
- Gynecology / MIGS: SGS https://www.sgsonline.org/scientific-meeting
- Gynecology / MIGS: AAGL https://congress.aagl.org/
- Your mentors probably have other ideas, too. Ask them well in advance since abstract deadlines are often far in advance of meetings.